A $2000.00 Refundable Deposit is Required For A Category I Permit:
CATEGORY I PROJECTS INCLUDE:
- New Home, Site-built Construction: A home that is constructed primarily on site.
Although some components may be prefabricated off-site, the home is erected, framed,
and finished by workers on location.
- New Home - Modular Construction: A home constructed of pre-made parts and unit modules. Wall panels, trusses, and other prefabricated components are transported by truck from the factory to the building site. On the building site, these home sections are lifted onto the foundation where they are permanently anchored.
- Relocated (Move-On) Home: An existing single family home that is to be moved onto an ASPOA lot.
- Manufactured Home/Mobile Home/Trailer: A manufactured home is one that is constructed almost entirely in a factory. The home is placed on steel chassis and transported to the building site. The wheels can be removed but the chassis stays in place.
ONCE CONSTRUCTION IS COMPLETED AND A CO (CERTIFICATE OF OCCUPANCY) HAS BEEN ISSUED THE DEPOSIT MONEY WILL BE REFUNDED.
A $1000.00 Refundable Deposit is Required For A Category I Permit:
CATEGORY II PROJECTS INCLUDE:
- Additions / Enlargements to existing residential space and/or Alterations to existing footprint of the home (roof line and/or foundation)
- Single-Story Accessory Buildings /Garages / Carports in excess of 400 sq. ft. or in excess of 16' ft. height limit from ground floor elevation.
- Manufactured Home Roof-Over: Constructing a new roof and/or support structure over a manufactured home equal to or larger than the existing original dimensions of the enclosures and/or creating additional space (residential or non-residential).
- Swimming Pools and Spas: In-ground constructed of gunite, fiberglass, or similar product of a permanent nature.
ONCE CONSTRUCTION IS COMPLETED, INSPECTED TO MEET CURRENT
IRC CODE, PASSED ALL REQUIRED INSPECTIONS AND UNLESS APPROVED PRIOR IN THE PERMITTING PROCESS ISSUED A CO (CERTIFICATE OF OCCUPANCY) THE DEPOSIT MONEY WILL BE REFUNDED. STRUCTURES NOT ISSUED A CO MUST MEET ALL CURRENT BUILDING SET BACKS, EASEMENTS AND HEIGHT RESTRICTIONS THE DEPOSIT MONEY WILL BE REFUNDED.
A $250.00 Refundable Deposit is Required For A Category III Permit:
CATEGORY III PERMITS INCLUDE:
- Structures requiring a Permit, Plan Review, and Inspection
- Single-story Accessory building, 200-400 sq ft, without utilities, 16 ft. height limit from ground floor elevation (garage, carport, storage) NOT for residential or commercial use.
- Covered Porch or deck 100 sq ft and over. Homeowner /Builder is responsible for additional permits (if applicable), inspections, and fees for any added utilities.
- Retaining Wall 48 inches or greater in height - Refer to Apache Shores Fence and Retaining Wall Policy and Guidelines
- Enclosures of existing non-living spaces up to 400 sq. ft. with utilities that will not alter existing structure footprint (roof line and/or foundation) or add residential space.
- Structures requiring Permit and Inspection
- Uncovered porch, deck, or balcony up to 400 sq ft and 29 inches or greater above ground
- Fence or wall - Refer to Apache Shores Fence and Retaining Wall Policy and Guidelines
- Open patio, driveway, sidewalk 400 sq ft or larger (concrete slab or other impervious cover)
- Right of Way driveway approach - Travis County driveway permit and inspection are required. County permit must be submitted with application for ASPOA permit. ASPOA inspection fee and plan review fee will not apply.
ONCE PROJECT IS CONFIRMED COMPLETED AS SUBMITTED, APPROVED, AND PERMITTED THE DEPOSIT MONEY WILL BE REFUNDED.